The Tectus Dreamlab team pioneers the development of cutting-edge cross-platform apps in the engineering and construction sector. The flagship product, “Screening Eagle” Virtual Inspection Platform, is a holistic portal for asset monitoring, maintenance and inspection. The engineers are spread across iOS, web front-end, backend, AR/VR, 3D rendering, computer vision and machine learning.
You’ll be part of a small and highly talented team of people working end-to-end on the products. Our primary backend stack is Go, but it’s ok if you don’t have direct experience with it because we believe strongly that a good engineer can pick up any language in short time. We rapidly adopt emerging best-of-breed technologies, like Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform and React/Redux, to name few.
- Take ownership of the backend tasks and work closely with the development teams;
- Design and implement the business logic through strategic choice of data structure and algorithms;
- Develop, test, document and deploy web APIs, batch jobs, webhooks, or integrations based on the business requirements;
- Emphasise heavily on code testing and designing for testability;
- Continuously document design decisions;
- Adopt best dev-ops/tech-ops practices and make continuous automated testing, releases and deployments;
- Offer mentorship to junior developers in the team.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience;
- Strong programming skills, solid data structure and algorithm fundamentals;
- At least 4 years of practical backend development for real-world products in any language/framework, preferably in Go;
- Experience in SQL databases, writing schemas and designing high performance queries;
- Experience in in-memory key-value database like Redis;
- Deep technical understanding of scalability, resilience, high availability and the corresponding architecture, technologies and designs;
- Experience with dev-ops/tech-ops, like Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, to name a few;
- Familiar with AWS services and related cloud technologies;
- Experience in Containerization and Orchestration technologies like Docker and Kubernetes;
Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills;
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new technologies continuously;
- Embrace the open source community.
ABOUT TECTUS DREAMLAB
Tectus Dreamlab was established in Singapore in April 2015 to focus on cutting-edge, cross-functional research. The Dreamlab team works on R&D projects that leverage existing expertise within the Tectus Group, combined with the novel technologies and capabilities of various research platforms in Singapore, including Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) and National University of Singapore (NUS).
How to Apply
You can either fill in the following form or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.