The Tectus Dreamlab team pioneers the development of cutting-edge cross-platform apps in the engineering and construction sector. The flagship product, “Screening Eagle” Virtual Inspection Platform, is a holistic portal for asset monitoring, maintenance and inspection. Check out our 2019 Global Summit keynote videos here: https://youtu.be/WsTP9JQOIo8
As a Drone/Robot Software Engineer, you will be developing software that handles the command and control of drones that perform inspections semi-autonomously. This includes flight path determination, communication with drone hardware (via software interface or SDK), and integration with technologies such as indoor position tracking and computer vision algorithms. You will ensure that the application is robust, addresses the objectives and is easy to maintain. In this role, as you will work closely with a team of product managers, UI-UX designers and other software engineers, a commitment to collaborative problem solving is important.
- Implement related command and control software required for drone operation;
- Review literature on drone-related technologies;
- Explore, assess and integrate related technologies, such as depth cameras and computer vision algorithms, to enhance drone performance;
- Work with fellow team members to develop and test both software and hardware aspects of drone system.
- Currently pursuing Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field;
- Exposure to programming such as C, Python or Swift;
- Able to debug a given codebase independently;
- Capable of learning new technologies based on Internet resources;
- Able to commit at least 12 weeks full-time or equivalent time for this internship.
- Experience in completing a software project;
- Experience in robotics project such as Turtlebot or Quadcopter;
- Knowledge of 3D graphics, computer vision or machine learning;
- Comfortable with open source projects.
ABOUT TECTUS DREAMLAB
Tectus Dreamlab was established in Singapore in April 2015 to focus on cutting-edge, cross-functional research. The Dreamlab team works on R&D projects that leverage existing expertise within the Tectus Group, combined with the novel technologies and capabilities of various research platforms in Singapore, including Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) and National University of Singapore (NUS).
How to Apply
You can either fill in the following form or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.